As is the continued tradition, the first E-Mail Ministry message of the month is my chance to talk to all of you about E-Mail Ministry and other related items. So here goes the February edition:
* * *
STATE OF E-MAIL MINISTRY – A MUST READ!!!
I really don’t know where to start! January has been a busy month for E-Mail Ministry. With the turn of the year it kinda dawned on me the E-Mail Ministry is getting BIG (E-Mail Ministry now has 1,998 subscribers, an increase of 491 from last month!) and I needed to do something about it. But before I could do anything I got hit by a ton of bricks when, on January 9th, my ISP (Internet Service Provider) had a hardware failure followed by a problem retrieving their back up files. So, for about two weeks the E-Mail Ministry web site was off-line (in case you were wondering where it went!). Shortly after it was restored my e-mail program went down for 24 hours during which I thought I lost all of my e-mail addresses. I was able to reload the program and recover the e-mail address (thanks God!!)
But now its back and better than ever! Anyway, I said I needed to do something about E-Mail Ministry and here it is! E-Mail Ministry has a NEW, dedicated web site and NEW, dedicated e-mail addresses (which you may have noticed from the last E-Mail Ministry message). NEW WEB SITE: https://emailministry.org The old web site has been taken off line.
The new web site contains all the archives of previous messages in a new
index format, comments and favorite versus from subscribers, links to
other Christian web sites, humor, and a link to the E-Mail Ministry
sponsors (and a way you can help support E-Mail Ministry).
* * *
RESPONSE ABOUT “RUDY’S ANGEL – E-MAIL MINISTRY”
“Thank you for all that you do. Your emails bring me great joy and more
than a few times a tear that comes from the love of Jesus that is
brought out in your stories. This story was no different, but the title
and the end are very wrong. The widow’s husband Rudy didn’t send the
angel. God did. Angels do not serve people who have died and gone to
Heaven. They serve only God. It was God who sent the angel or led the
woman to give the widow the three yellow roses. I think that it was out
of His love and to show her that even though her husband was gone, He
was never going to leave her.
Thanks and God bless,
* * *
HOW I USE E-MAIL MINISTRY:
“I started reading your stories when my sister would forward them to me.
So many of the stories have touched my heart and my life. I want to
subscribe to your Ministry on account of my kids. I work and live at a
Baptist Children’s Home, where my husband and I take care of 8 boys.
Every morning before they go to school we have a short devotion. I think
that some of your stories would be really good for my boys to hear
before they head off to school to start their day. And it may even help
lead a few on the path towards Salvation.
* * *
FAITH OF A CHILD
A precocious 4-year-old little girl was brought to the ER with a severe
cough, a nurse writes:
“She kept up a non-stop conversation while I was trying to hear her lung
sounds. Finally, I said, ‘Shhh, I have to see if Barney is in there.’
The child looked at me and calmly stated, ‘I have Jesus in my heart.
Barney is on my underwear.’.”
* * *
WORDS TO LIVE BY
– “To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be
– “Going to church does not make you a Christian anymore than going to
McDonalds makes you a hamburger.”
– “Real friends are those who, when you feel you’ve made a fool of
yourself, don’t feel you’ve done a permanent job.”
– “A coincidence is when God performs a miracle, and decides to remain
– “Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same
– “I don’t have to attend every argument I’m invited to.”
– “Lead your life so you won’t be ashamed to sell the family parrot to
the town gossip.”
– “People gather bundles of sticks to build bridges they never cross.”
– “Your worst days are never so bad that you are beyond the reach of
God’s grace. And your best days are never so good that you are beyond
the need of God’s grace.”
– “Life is 10% of what happens to you, and 90% of how you respond to
– “Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and
sometimes you weep.”
– “Learn from the mistakes of others. You can’t live long enough to
make them all yourself.”
– “There are two things I’ve learned: There is a God. And, I’m not
– “Following the path of least resistance is what makes rivers and men
– “When it comes time to die…make sure all you have to do is die.”
* * *
“Grace is God doing for us, in us and through us that which He requires
of us but which is impossible for us to do in or for ourselves”
* * *
THE BEST THINGS IN LIFE
– Falling in love.
– Laughing so hard your face hurts.
– A hot shower.
– No lines at the Super WalMart.
– A special glance.
– Getting mail.
– Taking a drive on a pretty road.
– Hearing your favorite song on the radio.
– Lying in bed listening to the rain outside.
– Hot towels out of the dryer.
– Finding the sweater you want is on sale for half price.
– Chocolate milkshake.
– A long distance phone call.
– A bubble bath.
– A good conversation.
– The beach.
– Finding a $20 bill in your coat from last winter.
– Laughing at yourself.
– Midnight phone calls that last for hours.
– Running through sprinklers.
– Laughing for absolutely no reason at all.
– Having someone tell you that you’re beautiful.
– Laughing at an inside joke.
– Falling in love for the first time.
– Accidentally overhearing someone say something nice about you.
– Waking up and realizing you still have a few hours left to sleep.
– Your first kiss.
– Making new friends or spending time with old ones.
– Playing with a new puppy.
– Late night talks with your roommate that keep you from sleeping.
– Having someone play with your hair.
– Sweet dreams.
– Hot chocolate.
– Road trips with friends.
– Swinging on swings.
– Watching a good movie cuddled up on a couch with someone you love.
– Wrapping presents under the Christmas tree while eating cookies and
– drinking eggnog.
– Song lyrics printed inside your new CD so you can sing along without
– feeling stupid.
– Going to a really good concert.
– Getting butterflies in your stomach every time you see that one
– Making eye contact with a cute stranger.
– Winning a really competitive game.
– Making chocolate chip cookies!
– Having your friends send you homemade cookies!
– Spending time with close friends!
– Seeing smiles and hearing laughter from your friends…
– Holding hands with someone you care about.
– Running into an old friend and realizing that some
– things (good or bad) never change.
– Discovering that love is unconditional and stronger than time.
– Riding the best roller coasters over and over.
– Hugging the person you love.
– Watching the expression someone’s face as they open a much-desired
present from you.
– Watching the sunrise.
– Getting out of bed every morning and thanking God for another
* * *
THE REWARD WHEN YOU FORWARD E-MAIL MINISTRY MESSAGES:
As always, I encourage you to forward the E-Mail Ministry messages to
family, friends, work associates, etc. Here is a subscription message I
received from a new subscriber.
“Response to “A Testimonial From Richard Dawson – E-Mail Ministry”
Thanks for the beautiful testimony concerning your dear mom. It was a
wonderful day in my life, after causing my dear godly mother countless
years of misery, that the Lord allowed me to atone for my past.
Thankfully it was several years before she went home to be with the
Lord, and several years which allowed us to have a meaningful
relationship. Out of seven children, one of my older sisters and I were
the only two who took the opportunity to “make things right” with our
dear mama. It means a lot to me now, almost twenty years since she
passed on to Glory. I am now sixty one years old and don’t regret a
minute spent with her during our good years. I would encourage anyone
who has the opportunity to take it and set things in order while the
time is available. No one knows when we may take that last breath
You can make a difference in someone’s life. Follow God’s lead on who
you should send the messages to!
* * *
WHERE YOU FROM?
On the SUBSCRIBE and the FAVORITE VERSES web pages on the E-Mail
Ministry site ( https://emailministry.org ) is a map of the United
States showing the states where E-Mail Ministry subscribers are from (44
of 50 states now have subscribers). If you are from one of the
following states please let me know: NH, NJ, NM, NV, UT, & VT so I can
update the map. One new state was added this month! If you from a
country other than the United States, Canada, Sweden, Venezuela,
Germany, Nicaragua, Japan, Brazil, Ecuador, Russia and India (India is
new this month!) please let me know what country so I can update the
list. Thanks. It is fun to see where these messages end up!
* * *
FEED THE HUNGRY FOR FREE (and do it every day!):
You can help feed hungry people, at no cost to you, by pointing your
internet browser to http://www.thehungersite.com Click the Donate Free
Food button to bring up a page of corporate sponsors, each of whom
contributes 1/2 cent per click, which translates to 1/4 cup of cooked
food. The food is distributed through the United Nations World Food
Program. Founded by an unnamed “private individual,” the site displays a
map that dims one country every 3.6 seconds, signifying a death from
hunger. Three quarters of those deaths are children under 5. A link has
been placed on the E-Mail Ministry main page and link page to this site
to make it easier for your to click it each day!
“When they finished eating, Jesus said to Simon Peter, ‘Simon, son of
John, do you truly love me more than these?’. ‘Yes, Lord,’ he said,
‘you know that I love you.’ Jesus said, ‘Feed my lambs.'” – John 21, 15
* * *
I pray you all have an enjoyable start of the new year and may you
continue to see God’s blessings in your lives.