BEGINNING WITH HIM
September, 2000 Edition
As is the continued tradition, the first E-Mail Ministry message of the
month is my chance to talk to all of you about E-Mail Ministry and other
TABLE OF CONTENTS FOR TODAY’S MESSAGE:
[NEWSLETTER TITLE WINNER!] [E-MAIL MINISTRY VISION STATEMENT] [POLL
QUESTIONS] [SUBSCRIBER COUNTRIES] [USAGE OF E-MAIL MINISTRY MESSAGES]
[CHURCH HUMOR] [ORIGINAL WORKS] [STILL PROVING I’M HUMAN!] [REGISTER AT
iBELIEVE.com] [DON’T FORGET] [A PRAYER] [THE VILLAGE] [QUOTES] [I WISH
FOR YOU] [ONE LINERS] [FEED THE HUNGRY FOR FREE]
* * *
NEWSLETTER TITLE WINNER!
Well, the voting was close but the winner of the “Name the
First-of-the-Month E-Mail Ministry Newsletter” is ………..
“BEGINNING WITH HIM”.
I would like to thank all of you who took the time to vote.
* * *
E-MAIL MINISTRY VISION STATEMENT
Since my “Walk to Emmaus” retreat, the Great Commission has always been
a guiding verse for me. It is also the verse that is the motivation
behind E-Mail Ministry.
“Then Jesus came to them and said, ‘All authority in heaven and on earth
has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations,
baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy
Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And
surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.'” (Matthew
Based on this verse, I have created a Vision Statement for E-Mail
“To provide, free to all who ask, inviting and inspirational stories via
e-mail to Christians and seekers of all nations as one of many means to
build and strengthen the Body of Christ.”
“free to all who ask” – Like God’s grace, E-Mail Ministry is free for
the asking. Always has been and, with God’s grace, always will be.
“inviting and inspirational stories” – These messages are meant to
encourage people to think about their lives and how God wants to be a
part of them. The messages are intended not only to be read by the
subscribers but by others with whom they feel inspired to share.
“via e-mail” – The primary means of providing messages to subscribers is
via e-mail. E-mail is about the only cost effective way of reaching
people in all the nations.
“to Christians and seekers” – This ministry is meant to grow Christians
to be disciples as well as provide a low key way of introducing seekers
“of all nations” – The goal is to have subscribers from all the nations
on this earth (there are subscribers in __ of the __ nations).
“as one of many means” – God uses many means to reach His people.
E-Mail Ministry is just one way God is reaching people.
“to build and strengthen the Body of Christ” – Making disciples, as the
Great Commission stipulates, is what all Christians and Christian
ministries are meant to achieve.
I want to thank all of your for your support of E-Mail Ministry and
for sending these messages on to others!
“If God is for us, who can be against us.” Matthew 8:31b
* * *
The August poll question results can viewed from a link on the main web
page. Here are the September poll questions (Go the web site and
register your vote!! Please do NOT send me an e-mail with your vote!)
Q1: When it comes to tithing, people should:
Q2: If the presidential race were today, you’d vote for:
PLEASE NOTE: The banners on the guest book, poll questions and
referral do NOT support E-Mail Ministry and E-Mail Ministry does not
* * *
E-Mail Ministry now has subscribers in __ countries. See the
https://emailministry.org/countries.htm for a list of countries. If
you are from a country other than those indicated with an “X”, please
let me know by sending an e-mail to email@example.com
* * *
USAGE OF E-MAIL MINISTRY MESSAGES
As always, feel free to send these messages on to others as the Lord
leads you. I do have one request (and it is an optional request) if you
use these messages in your church bulletins, sermons, bible studies,
etc., it would be nice if you put “Message distributed by E-Mail
Ministry (https://emailministry.org)” at the bottom of any material
you use. That way more people will become aware of this ministry.
* * *
The ‘Church Humor’ pages are some of the most popular pages on the web
site. However, there were NO humor submissions this past month :-((
Please send church humor submittals to firstname.lastname@example.org
* * *
I appreciate all of you who have sent in original works. Regrettably, I
am VERY behind in ready them. Therefore, I respectfully request that no
more original works be sent in. When I catch up I will lift this
* * *
STILL PROVING I’M HUMAN!
Ooops, guess I proved once again I’m human. I accidentally sent the
same message, “How Much Does Prayer Weigh?”, on two different days.
(hmmm, maybe it was God’s way of making sure this message was read!?!?!)
Also, there was a sentence in this same message which had some words
missing. It should read: “Standing beside the counter was a customer
who overheard the conversation between the two. The customer walked
forward and told the grocer that he would stand good for whatever she
needed for her family.”
* * *
Register at iBelieve.com and support E-Mail Ministry
Register for free at iBelieve.com and receive the new pocket-sized,
paperback edition of “Left Behind”, the first in the #1 best-selling
apocalyptic series. Registration is free and it helps to keep E-Mail
Why register at iBelieve.com?
– 7 Inspirational newsletters to choose from
– Excellent content and community
– Largest selection of Christian product on the internet
– Free email account
– Updates on issues and events that affect Christians
– FREE gift! September’s FREE gift is the new, limited
pocket-sized, paperback edition of Left Behind, the New York
Times bestseller that launched the fastest-selling Christian
fiction series of all time.
FREE iBelieve.com “Left Behind” Book
“Left Behind”, the New York Times bestseller that launched the
fastest-selling Christian fiction series of all time, is an end-of-time
fiction series that recounts the riveting stories of people who, after
the rapture of the Church are “Left Behind” to experience the
tribulation and other events prior to Christ’s return to Earth. With the
prophetic teachings of the Bible as the background, this dynamic
apocalyptic fiction has captured imaginations and evoked myriads of
comments from readers. Here are a few:
These books have changed my life.” – Lawrence
“I use these books to share my faith with friends.” – Dan
“The best reading of my life – I have a new passion for studying the
Bible.” – Laine
* * *
Forget about the days when it’s been cloudy,
but don’t forget your hours in the sun
Forget about the times you’ve been defeated,
but don’t forget the victories you’ve won
Forget about mistakes that you can’t change now,
but don’t forget the lessons that you’ve learned
Forget about misfortunes you’ve encountered,
but don’t forget the times your luck has turned
Forget about the days when you’ve been lonely,
but don’t forget the friendly smiles you’ve seen
Forget about the plans that didn’t seem to work out right,
but don’t forget to always have a dream.
* * *
I asked the Lord to bless you
As I prayed for you today
To guide you and protect you
As you go along your way….
His love is always with you
His promises are true,
And when we give Him all our cares
You know He will see us through
So when the road you’re traveling on
Seems difficult at best
Just remember I’m here praying
And God will do the rest.
* * *
If it “takes a village to raise a child,” and we could shrink the
Earth’s population to a village of precisely 100 people with all
existing human ratios remaining the same, it would look like this:
* 57 would be Asians, 21 Europeans, 14 from the Western Hemisphere
(N&S) and 8 Africans.
* 51 would be female, 49 would be male.
* 70 would be nonwhite, 30 white.
* 70 would be non-Christian; 30 would profess Christianity.
* 50% of the wealth would be in the hands of 6 people, and all 6
would be US citizens.
* 80 would live in substandard housing.
* 70 would be unable to read.
* 50 would suffer from malnutrition.
* 1 would be near death, 1 would be near birth.
* 1 would have a college education.
* no one would own a computer.
— Source and accuracy of the above is unknown
* * *
“Whereas it is the duty of nations as well as of men to own their
dependence upon the overruling power of God, to confess their sins and
transgressions in humble sorrow, yet with assured hope that genuine
repentance will lead to mercy and pardon, and to recognize the sublime
truth, announced in the Holy Scriptures and proven by all history, that
those nations only are blessed whose God is the Lord.”—Abraham
“Have we now forgotten this powerful Friend? Or do we imagine we no
longer need His assistance? I have lived, Sir, a long time, and the
longer I live, the more convincing proofs I see of this truth—that God
governs in the affairs of men. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the
ground without His notice, is it probable that an empire can rise
without His aid? We have been assured, Sir, in the Sacred Writings, that
‘except the Lord build the house, they labor in vain that build it.” I
firmly believe this.” —Benjamin Franklin
* * *
“I wish for you…”
Comfort on difficult days,
Smiles when sadness intrudes,
Rainbows to follow the clouds,
Laughter to kiss your lips,
Sunsets to warm your heart,
Gentle hugs when spirits sag,
Friendships to brighten your being,
Beauty for your eyes to see,
Confidence for when you doubt,
Faith so that you can believe,
Courage to know yourself,
Patience to accept the truth,
* * *
1. Give God what’s right – not what’s left.
2. “Pray” is a four-letter word you can say anywhere – except in public
3. Man’s way leads to a hopeless end – God’s way leads to an endless
4. A lot of kneeling will keep you in good standing.
5. He who kneels before God can stand before anyone.
6. To be almost saved is to be totally lost.
7. In the sentence of life, the devil may be a comma – but never let him
be the period.
8. Don’t put a question mark where God puts a period.
9. God grades on the cross, not the curve.
10. Are you wrinkled with burden? Come to the church for a facelift.
11. When praying, don’t give God instructions – just report for duty.
12. God doesn’t want shares of your life – He wants a controlling
13. Don’t wait for six strong men to take you to church.
14. We don’t change God’s message – His message changes us.
15. The church is prayer-conditioned.
16. When God ordains, He sustains.
17. WARNING: Exposure to the Son may prevent burning.
18. Plan ahead – It wasn’t raining when Noah built the ark.
19. Most people want to serve God, but only in an advisory position.
20. Suffering with truth decay? Brush up on your Bible.
21. Exercise daily – walk with the Lord.
22. Coincidences happen when God chooses to remain anonymous.
23. Wisdom has two parts – 1) having a lot to say 2) not saying it.
24. Never give the devil a ride – he will always want to drive.
25. A clean conscience makes a soft pillow.
26. Nothing else ruins the truth like stretching it.
27. Compassion is difficult to give away because it keeps coming back.
28. He who angers you controls you.
29. Worry is the darkroom in which negatives can develop.
30. Give Satan an inch & he’ll be a ruler.
31. Forbidden fruits create many jams.
32. Be ye fishers of men – you catch them & He’ll clean them.
33. Deciding not to choose Jesus is still making a choice.
34. God doesn’t call the qualified, He qualifies the called.
35. Read the Bible – It will scare the hell out of you.
36. If God is your co-pilot – swap seats.
— Author Unknown
* * *
FEED THE HUNGRY FOR FREE (and do it every day!):
You can help feed hungry people, at no cost to you, by pointing your
internet browser to http://www.thehungersite.com Click the Donate Free
Food button to bring up a page of corporate sponsors, each of whom
contributes 1/2 cent per click, which translates to 1/4 cup of cooked
food. The food is distributed through the United Nations World Food
Program. Founded by an unnamed “private individual,” the site displays a
map that dims one country every 3.6 seconds, signifying a death from
hunger. Three quarters of those deaths are children under 5. A link has
been placed on the E-Mail Ministry main page and link page to this site
to make it easier for your to click it each day!
“When they finished eating, Jesus said to Simon Peter, ‘Simon, son of
John, do you truly love me more than these?’. ‘Yes, Lord,’ he said,
‘you know that I love you.’ Jesus said, ‘Feed my lambs.'” – John 21, 15
* * *
I pray this finds you all growing in the understanding of how God loves
The “Staff” of E-Mail Ministry