BEGINNING WITH HIM – MARCH, 2007
As I indicated last month, I am reinitiating the “Beginning With Him” messages that give information about updates to E-Mail Ministry as well as any other items I felt like distributing.
* * *
CELL PHONES and THE BIBLE
I wonder what would happen if we treated our Bible like we treat our cell phones?
What if we carried it around in our purses or pockets?
What if we turned back to go get it if we forgot it?
What if we flipped through it several times a day?
What if we used it to receive messages from the text?
What if we treated it like we couldn’t live without it?
What if we gave it to kids as gifts?
What if we used it as we traveled?
What if we used it in case of an emergency?
This is something to make you go…hmm…where is my Bible?
Oh, and one more thing. Unlike our cell phone, we don’t ever have to worry about our Bible being disconnected because Jesus already paid the bill! And no dropped calls !
* * *
FAITH OF A CHILD
A precocious 4-year-old little girl was brought to the ER with a severe
cough, a nurse writes:
“She kept up a non-stop conversation while I was trying to hear her lung
sounds. Finally, I said, ‘Shhh, I have to see if Barney is in there.’
The child looked at me and calmly stated, ‘I have Jesus in my heart.
Barney is on my underwear.’.”
* * *
“Grace is God doing for us, in us and through us that which He requires
of us but which is impossible for us to do in or for ourselves”
* * *
WORDS TO LIVE BY
– “To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world.”
– “Going to church does not make you a Christian anymore than going to McDonalds makes you a hamburger.”
– “Real friends are those who, when you feel you’ve made a fool of yourself, don’t feel you’ve done a permanent job.”
– “A coincidence is when God performs a miracle, and decides to remain anonymous.”
– “Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side.”
– “I don’t have to attend every argument I’m invited to.”
– “Lead your life so you won’t be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip.”
– “People gather bundles of sticks to build bridges they never cross.”
– “Your worst days are never so bad that you are beyond the reach of God’s grace. And your best days are never so good that you are beyond the need of God’s grace.”
– “Life is 10% of what happens to you, and 90% of how you respond to it.”
– “Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep.”
– “Learn from the mistakes of others. You can’t live long enough to make them all yourself.”
– “There are two things I’ve learned: There is a God. And, I’m not Him.”
– “Following the path of least resistance is what makes rivers and men crooked.”
– “When it comes time to die…make sure all you have to do is die.”
* * *
WEB SITE UPDATES
Well, this process is taking longer than I hope. I have contacted another company to see if they can be of assistance. I hope to hear back in the next week or so. I wil keep you informed on the status.
* * *
SUBSCRIBING, UNSUBSCRIBING AND CHANGING E-MAIL ADDRESSES
Some of the web site problems I mentioned above have to do with the Subscribing, Unsubscribing and Change of E-Mail Address features. Until further notice, you will need to do the following to accomplish these acts:
* Subscribe: Send a blank e-mail to: EMailMinistryemail@example.com
* Unsubscribe: Send a blank e-mail to: EMailMinistryfirstname.lastname@example.org
* Change of E-Mail Address: UNSUBSCRIBE from the old e-mail address: Send a blank e-mail message from the OLD email address to:
and then…SUBSCRIBE from the new e-mail address: Send a blank e-mail message from the NEW email address to: EMailMinistryemail@example.com
the methods you will need to use to Subscribe, Unsubscribe and Change Your E-Mail Address
* * *
That is it for this month. I pray you are having a blessed year!
— The Staff of E-Mail Ministry
“E-Mail Ministry” is a trademark of E-Mail Ministry, Inc.